The Galvanic Isolator blocks electrolysis currents from flowing in the ground conductor of your shore power hookup. It provides approximately 1.2 volts of isolation to isolate electrolytic voltages from the dock but yet pass safety currents to ground in the event of a short circuit, or power leakage on your boat.
You can learn more about MARINE ELECTROLYSIS
You can learn more about GALVANIC ISOLATOR FUNCTION
Owner's Manual (pdf format) OWNER'S MANUAL
Page 2 of the Owner's Manual has installation schematics.
Also occasionally available Refurbished
with full factory warranty
- 50 amps AC continuous rating. (30 amps DC).
- Use on any shore power connection up to 50 amps.
- Only one required for dual 30 amp connections.
- Works on 115 or 230 volt supply, one or two phase.
- Will work on foreign hook-ups with ground wire.
- Meets ABYC standards. (When fitted with a remote monitor, not included)
- Waterproof - will operate underwater
- No heat produced under normal use.
- Minimal temperature rise on maximum load.
- Two 18" 10 gauge Marine Grade leads.
- Non metallic housing with mounting tabs.
- Ignition protected for use in explosive atmospheres.
- Suitable for operation up to 122 F or 50 C
- Optional Capacitor available for AC leakage
- Mounting and connection hardware included.
- Very compact size, 4" x 3" x 1.5"
for general galvanic isolator information.
to download and view the owner's instruction manual using the Acrobat viewer.